Followers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I can see clearly now...

This week I fell and found out, regretfully, that my life will involve more crutches than I had hoped for...only this time, I would not be donating them for a while,  but instead would be using them.  I'm active, I love to run and more importantly, have found my independence not only a personality trait, but rather something that defined me.

This past week, without being a "whining-baby" was sort of hard.  Hard because I am now in a position of relying on someone (my very amazing boyfriend) to do everything for me- walk the dog, bring me water, take out the trash, get this, get that.  As much as I say I would love to have someone at my beckon call, it has been the hardest thing for me.  But, as I sit here, leg up in the air, I can not be anything but so entirely grateful for my crutches I have that get me around, for the great environment that I have- a comfy couch to sit on, the distraction of reality TV show and great friends.  And still, it is hard for me.  I can not imagine the mental capacity of the people that Embraced helps.  I can not imagine on top of having to deal with not being "able" to care for myself, having to worry about not having the medical equipment to allow me to get around a little or to not be able to afford it.
Without exercising my true independent, self-sufficient, not wanting to rely on anyone nature too much- I am sure I will be fine, but I will not stop until I know that all people in similar situation- situations of reduced mobility- are given the resources they need, to at least get up and have the option to help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment